Due to the high standard of quality in Bouwmeester Composites (BC) products we are confident we have provided you with a product free from material and workmanship defects, however we do assess each warranty claim on a case by case basis to ensure we will give every claim our full consideration.
BC wheel sets need to be registered by the original owner through our registration page to activate your warranty.
1 Year ‘Rock-On’ Replacement - 3 Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty
BC offers to the original customer for a period of 1 year from date of purchase a damage replacement for their rims.
BC warrants that the BC product purchased by the customer is free from material and workmanship defects for a period of 3 year from the purchase date. Our 3 year warranty does not cover other brands products, such as hubs and spokes. Please refer to the manufacturers own terms of warranty policy.
It is the customer’s responsibility to inspect the product at regular intervals to ascertain if there is the need for service and/or replacement. This policy outlines clearly your rights as the customer and your responsibility. BC’s warranty is for the sole purpose of the BC product and should in no way substitute that of a complete bicycle manufacturer's warranty.
‘Rock On’ Impact Replacement policy
BC’s single obligation under this 1 year replacement policy is to repair or replace the product with damage sustained from rock impact damage, at BC’s discretion. This replacement policy applies only to the original customer who is the bearer of the original purchase receipt and has completed the online registration form.
BC’s replacement policy covers
- Damage* sustained from rim impact damage during normal riding
- Limited two rims per customer
* Damage is defined as cracks and/or delamination of the carbon structure. Damage is not surface imperfections such as chips or abrasion.
BC’s replacement policy does not cover
- Repeat or deliberate misuse, abuse or intent to damage
- All points as listed in BC’s warranty policy
BC’s single obligation under this 3 year warranty is to repair or replace the product, at BC’s discretion. This warranty applies only to the original customer who is the bearer of the original purchase receipt and has completed the online warranty form. This warranty only applies to product purchased through BC or approved dealers. Approved dealers for BC products are not authorized to modify this warranty policy in any way. Should this occur we request you contact BC direct to further review your warranty claim.
BC’s warranty does not cover;
- Damage occurring from and not limited to accidents
- Collisions with fixed or moving objects
- Any alteration or modification outside the manufacturers specifications
- Corrosion caused by but not limited to the elements
- Improper installation and assembly
- Repairs incorrectly performed or replacement parts incorrectly installed
- Normal product wear and tear
- Collision with but not limited to road hazards such as potholes, road edging, rocks, ruts and riding that may cause damage to the structural integrity of the wheel
- Over-inflation of tyres, incorrectly installed rim strips/tape
- Failure to fasten bolts, skewers, axles, spokes to the manufacturers specifications
- Failure to perform regular maintenance, service and/or replacements as listed in the owner’s hand book
- does not cover products that have reached the end of their normal lifespan.
- does not cover defects or damage caused by lack of technical skill, or competence and/or experience by the customer, rider and/or mechanic.
- does not cover negligence by the customer, rider and/or mechanic.
- does not cover a rim, hub and/or wheel set that have had spokes missing from the lacing pattern, wheel build and/or repair performed outside the manufacturer’s specifications.
- does not include cosmetic imperfections that were apparent or discovered on or post the purchase.
- does not cover product shipping costs to or from BC resulting from a warranty claim by the customer.
- is void if any genuine stickers have been removed from the product.
- is void if the serial number has been altered or tampered with and/or removed from the product.
- does not cover, unless stated in writing, purchased products from online auctions such as but not limited to eBay.
- does not cover any wheel build performed by an incompetent and/or inexperienced mechanic and/or wheel builder.
- does not cover damage sustained during shipment or transport of the product. Please note: Any damage sustained while in shipment or transport is the responsibility of the customer to make the appropriate claim through the shipping or transport carrier.
To lodge to have your BC wheel set assessed for warranty or replacement under the above stated terms you will need to;
Contact your local retailer where you purchased the wheels, they will handle your claim. If you have any questions you are welcome to contact us directly.
If purchased direct from us please follow the below instructions.
PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT JUST SEND YOUR WHEELS TO US. We will only accept returned wheels after you have been issued a RA. Once you have been issued a RA you have 90 days to return your wheels, if they are not returned within this period your warranty will be void.
When you are issued a RA you will need to return the wheel/s to us insured freight. Please note: Be sure to insure them to the replacement value. We also advise a sturdy box/carton with padding for the return of your wheels. We do not accept any damage that may be sustained during shipment or transport. Please be aware that just because the RA has been issued this does not mean that your warranty has been accepted, this is merely a return number for tracking purposes.
PLEASE NOTE: We only want your wheels please!! Be sure to remove all extra parts; Cassette, skewers, speedo magnet, tyres and tubes. We accept no responsibility for these items. There is a $20 removal fee for each tyre left on a wheel. Also please be sure to have the wheels clean, this makes it easier to assess you warranty claim thoroughly and offer the best service.
Once we receive the product we will assess the warranty claim in line with our warranty and replacement policy. To offer a professional, fair and consistent service we follow the same procedure for all customers. Once assessed we will contact you via email or by phone to notify you of the outcome. Due to the high standard of technology and our stringent testing we are confident we have provided you with a product free from material and workmanship defects, however we do assess each warranty claim on a case by case basis to ensure we will give every claim our full consideration.
PLEASE NOTE: Shipping and/or transport costs including insurance during the warranty claim procedure is responsibility of the customer.
DAMAGED PRODUCT RETURN: BC does not return warranty products including but not limited to rims and hubs, to the customer if they are damaged and/or unsafe for use.
If you have any questions regarding our warranty policy please feel free to contact us via email.